Los Angeles Day 2

So I finally paid a visit to Chase to open an account and made a deposit. It was so relieving to get rid off those travelers checks and cash. Declaring those TCs took me some time when I was getting through the border and costumes. Shaun was with me to the bank. Well, he's always with me these days. I'm even staying at his lab. It's fine and I have no complaints. But I just wonder when will I be able to visit Hollywood and Santa Monica. It must be the time when he's free too.

The banker at this Chase branch was nice. He explained a lot and tried to make sure that I knew my options, and he was funny too. Yet he said Shaun and I were funny. I guess it was because I spent lots of time signing those TCs... He surely knew how to kill time with humor. Got my debit card finally. They'll send me a 101 Dalmatians version a week later. Yet I haven't double-checked my address at UCSD with the housing office. So the card will be mailed to Shaun's place here at LA. And he'll mail it to me by then. That Dalmatians card is rather adorable.

We spent almost 3 hours at Chase for a new account. Then we headed for lunch at Soy, a sushi place nearby and downstairs of USC's dorm building. It's not that I am easily amazed / wowed, but there're so many pretty girls at USC. WTH. Everyone is legit to be on lookbook.nu or UO catalogs. Shaun told me it'll be different at UCSD. Wonder how different and what's the difference will be.

Right now I'm so jet-lagged. It's 5 in the morning in Taiwan. I must not fall asleep, otherwise it'll be hard for me to get over the jet lag.

I'll go to get a prepaid card later. Hopefully I'll find some family plan members so I could get rid off my dumbphone and get a smartphone and a good plan.

0 個腳印:

"Nature is but an image or imitation of wisdom, the last thing of the soul."

"Nature is but an image or imitation of wisdom, the last thing of the soul."
-- Plotinus