親戚


[Scenario 1]
So I was rewatching Million Dollar Baby this afternoon while one of my relatives walked into the living room.

"Oh, boxing?"
"Yes." (Isn't it obvious?)
"Girls usually don't like boxing movies."
"(Trying to decipher the inference)"

I don't understand why a movie / sport preference has anything to do with gender. I mean, Million Dollar Baby is a great movie, and it's even more like a drama genre instead of typical sport movies... And excuse me, I'm a girl and I love this kind of inspiring, hot-blooded, and touching boxing / sport / adventure movie. So am I uncommon or what?

[Scenario 2]
So relatives were asking me my grad school plans when we were having lunches, having a supposed-to-be-carefree afternoon walk, and having our dinners. They kept persuading me to study MBA and other sorts of fields which they regarded as "practical." Then they started to infer or comment on those I'd applied as "future unemployment" or "scarcely promising in the future of Taiwan."

I am so perplexed... Ain't I the one who's going to study? I thought I was old enough to make my own decisions regarding to studies and life events...

[Very inspiring conclusion]
I freaking <3<3<3 holidays when I have to be interrogated by relatives whom I rarely meet, and I have to explain myself to them even though I do nothing wrong.

0 個腳印:

"Nature is but an image or imitation of wisdom, the last thing of the soul."

"Nature is but an image or imitation of wisdom, the last thing of the soul."
-- Plotinus