vanity & shallow

Vision dominates human beings.


They care what they see. They desire beauty and fair.
When something which is plain is in front of their eyes, they are blind.

They are too blind to see the goodness under the seemly plain cloak.
Their vision is so easily to be deceived. Their brain is so easily to be stuck. Their world is so easily to be manipulated.

They cannot see the pureness, the preciousness of a personailty, of an individual, of an identiy.

Appearance is their only impression.

Someday when the plain cotton shirt becomes the glamourous velvet gown, sneakers become high heels, casual watch becomes formal wristlace and necklace, everything changes.

People flatter you, admire you, marvel and question at your big change.

It is as if a crooked nose witch spells you from a beast to a beauty. It is as if you were a beast. It is as if you weren't a beauty. It is as if your existance was not as important as the change of your appearance.

From that, you can see the vanity, the shallow of the world.

People becomes sparrows. Their brains are as big as the size of them, and their praises are chirps, which can be annoying and pleasant at the same time.

I would rather you to be amazed by my uniqueness than my appearance. I would rather you to know me as an individual, a particular personality which possesses the treasure of humanity. I would rather you to admire the casual but special side of me than the stunning but worldly one.
I would love you and it would bring tears to my eyes if you said you loved me more when I am in T-shirts, sneakers, Keds, Converses, and flip flops than in gowns, dresses, and high heels.
I would love you with my most sincere, passionate heart of the world if you said the most beautiful thing in the world was my soul.

I would love you so if you looked through the vanity and shallow.
And, this love is not only between men and women... It is between two personalities, two souls which can attract each other with purely admiration of mind and body.

Love should not be only about appearance and gender. Love should be without bound and transgression. Love should be about an ultimate attraction of two individuals, in regardless of gender, age, appearance, and race. That is the freedom of love, to love, and to be loved. That is the greatness of love.

0 個腳印:

"Nature is but an image or imitation of wisdom, the last thing of the soul."

"Nature is but an image or imitation of wisdom, the last thing of the soul."
-- Plotinus